Holistic Divorce Coaching
What is a “Holistic Divorce”?
The holistic divorce model recognizes that divorce is trauma and therefore has detrimental effects both on your physical and mental health. By combining our knowledge and expertise in the area of family law, developing a personalized divorce plan and also incorporating self-care and stress management through natural nutrition and exercise into that plan, we will help bring your mind and body back into balance so you can thrive through the process and focus on what’s most important – being there for your family when they need you the most.
Research has proven, time and time again, that there is an undeniable connection between the mind and body. As a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, Andrea will work with you transition into your new life, incorporating dietary and lifestyle changes designed to keep both your mind and body functioning optimally as you go through your divorce.
Educate You Through Divorce
Andrea is excited to start offering Divorce Coaching services designed to educate and guide divorcing parties on the legal and financial processes involved in divorce, while also implementing self-care and stress management to help manage stress, anxiety and depression.
In her role as a Divorce Coach, Andrea works with clients to teach them effective communication strategies designed to de-escalate conflict and keep their legal costs down.
Andrea will work with you to develop a customized “Divorce Plan”, with clear, specific and measurable goals that is realistic, child-focused and respectful of all parties involved in the process.
How can a Divorce Coach Help me?
The purpose of a Divorce Coach is to educate and guide divorcing parties on the processes involved in divorce, while also encouraging self-care and stress-management techniques to help manage stress, anxiety and depression, which are often side-effects of divorce. When you are healthy and have a good understanding of what’s involved, you can make smarter and healthier decisions for you and your family.
In our experience, some of the biggest fears people face when going through divorce include:
- Coming up with a time-sharing arrangement for their children;
- Fear of losing their home;
- No longer being able to afford to keep up their current lifestyle;
- Unfair division of assets/property;
- Having a judge/third party make decisions that could have detrimental effects on their family for years following their divorce;
- Not being able to financially support themselves/their children;
- Losing custody of their children
- Not being able to see their children every day;
- Having to hire a lawyer and pay legal fees;
- Not having any control over the process
- Not understanding the process of divorce and what is involved.
Divorce Coaching will help you understand how to navigate the various aspects of your divorce, so that you have some control over the process. Once each step is broken down into smaller, manageable goals and stages, the process of divorce becomes much easier.
If you have already retained a family law lawyer, Andrea will work with you to make sure you fully understand what is required of you at each stage of your case and help you understand what you need to do to move forward and how you can communicate with your legal team for best results. If you do not have a lawyer, we can provide referrals and help connect you with lawyers, mediators and other professionals who can help you at each stage of your divorce, including financial advisors, parental coordinators, therapists and real estate professionals. If you decide to represent yourself, Andrea will help you develop a plan and keep you on track to meeting your goals, by providing accountability along the way.
Setting Goals For Your Divorce
We go beyond just the legal and technical elements of divorce and focus on divorce recovery, because divorce is trauma and it is impossible to make sound, responsible decisions while operating from a state of trauma and stress.
If you are thinking about divorce coaching and wondering how hiring a coach can help in your situation, below is a summary of the role of a Divorce Coach:
- To help you set goals at the beginning of your divorce and get really clear on what your biggest fears include and what you hope to achieve when the process is over;
- To assist you in clearly communicating your position to your ex-spouse/lawyer in a non-defensive, productive manner, designed to de-escalate conflict (thereby helping to keep legal costs down);
- To work with you and your lawyer before/during/after meetings to assist you in communicating your position desired outcome to your lawyer and then to help you to understand and act upon the legal advice you receive from your lawyer;
To keep you organized at each stage of your divorce, making sure you understand what is happening, what documentation is required of you, how to prepare for upcoming meetings/court appearances and by answering any questions you may have at each step along the way.
- To assist in understanding the impact of litigation on your family as a whole, on your children and other important family relationships;
- To educate you on the legal and financial processes involved in divorce, the timelines and potential costs involved at each stage of your divorce;
- To help you understand the financial commitments and implications of court litigation and to assist you in creating a ‘litigation budget’.
No matter where you are in the process of your divorce, it is of paramount importance that you receive support at each stage along the way.
Andrea’s role as a Divorce Coach is to educate you about the processes involved in divorce and help connect you with professionals who can help you at each stage along the way. Andrea’s holistic approach to divorce incorporates health and lifestyle changes designed to help manage stress and anxiety, making it easier for you to make the best decisions possible throughout the process.
Developing a Support System
Best of all, we have access to a wonderful network of other divorce professionals. If you have questions we cannot answer, we can refer you to another professional who can. Our network includes real estate professionals, financial planners, business valuators, estate planning lawyers, counsellors and child and life coaches.
We created The Wholehearted Divorce because we know first-hand that when you are armed with knowledge and have a good understanding of the processes involved, and when you are actively taking care of your mind and body, you make better decisions for your family. With the right support systems in place, your separation can and will lead you to a positive and fulfilling new life beyond your divorce.
Laura E. Oliver
297 Lakeshore Road East
Oakville, ON L6J 1J3
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00AM to 4:00PM
Schedule a Consultation